St. John’s Cemetery, Parramatta is located at the intersection of O’Connell Street and Aird Street, Parramatta, just a two minute walk from Westfield Parramatta or a seven minute walk from Parramatta station.
Nearest parking is across the road from the cemetery at Westfield Parramatta’s Aird St. carpark. Parking is free for the first three hours.
- Take the train to Parramatta station.
- Walk north-west on the transitway towards Church Street. (210 metres)
- Continue onto Argyle Street, past Westfield Parramatta. (400 metres)
- Turn left on to O’Connell Street (98 metres)
- Destination will be on the right.
The nearest toilets are at Parramatta Westfield. Note: the cemetery can get very hot (even in the cooler months), as there is little shade and no seating. Ensure you bring a bottle of water, a hat, and wear footwear suitable for all weather events and for traversing uneven ground.
Need help finding a specific grave? Refer to Judith Dunn’s book for a grave location, but note you will likely need more guidance, especially if visiting from overseas or interstate. One of the Friends of St. John’s will be happy to meet up with you and guide you to the correct grave. Please arrange a meeting with a guide well in advance of your visit by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.